Dec 02, 2015
from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
|Where||Museum of Classical Archaeology|
|Contact Name||Jennie Thornber|
|Contact Phone||(01223) 330402|
|Add event to calendar||
Join us for one night only: a showcase of work by artists Ela Xora and Francis Segelman exploring the empowering potential of the ancient world for the LGBTI present. Celebrate the end of term and the publication of the Independent’s Rainbow List with a glass of wine and a fresh look at the classical past after-hours in our atmospheric Cast Gallery.
- Ela Xora (Rainbow List judge, mask maker and artist)
- Sarah Graham (Intersex activist, acclaimed addiction councillor and no.2 on this year’s Rainbow List)
- Joe Holliday (Author, Intersex activist and no.67 on this year’s Rainbow List)
- Charlie Northrop (Classics student and no.97 on this year’s Rainbow List)
- Suz Temko (Intersex activist, campaign manager for IntersexUK and "one to watch" on this years Rainbow List)
- Xora's paintings and masks inspired by intersex deities
- Segelman’s sculpture of Xora as the Borghese Hermaphroditus
- Sarah Graham, Joe Holiday, Suz Temko live performance alongside aural art pieces from Harry Potter actress Natalia Tena and Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey taken from Xora’s current exhibition, ‘Prime Minister, No More Scars’
- An introduction by Charlie Northrop
Performances start at 7.30pm.
Members of the Faculty are most welcome to attend. Space is limited will be limited. To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more...
- Ela Xora: www.elaxora.com
- Francis Segelman: www.segelman.com
- Sarah Graham: www.sarahgraham.info
- Joe Holliday: www.andrewlownie.co.uk/authors/joe-holliday
- The Rainbow List: www.independent.co.uk/news/people/therainbowlist/the-rainbow-list-2015-a-celebration-of-pioneers-and-influencers-a6695061.html